FOOT HEALTH BY FOOT HEALTH PRACTITIONER up to 30 min ~ £50
Now providing foot health appointments in Cambourne, Cambridge and Baldock.
A 30-minute foot health appointment by a foot health practitioner. If you require extra treatment time, then you would be advised to book a follow-up appointment. The following services are available:
- Toenails cut and file including hard-to-cut toenails
- Reduction of toenail thickness
- Hard skin and callus reduction
- Removal of superficial corns
- Treatment of ingrown toenails up to stage 1 – a toenail has grown into the skin on the side, the skin hurts and has become slightly inflamed. If the toe is red, inflamed, pus present, then you need to book an appointment with a podiatrist
- Verruca treatment using Verrutop
- Doppler ultrasound blood flow testing
- Fully insured and up to date DBS check
- All instruments sterilised strictly following government guidelines
- Single-use personal protective equipment used during treatments
VERRUTOP® verruca treatment ~ £20 per ampule
Verrutop® is a Class IIa Medical Device for specialist application by Healthcare Professionals, including those in the field of Podiatry. Verrutop® is not intended for home use by members of the public as difficult-to-treat warts and verrucae need specialist attention to prepare the surface prior to treatment and further treatment and dressings may be required post-treatment. If your verruca treatment is in addition to a routine podiatry foot health appointment, an additional £20 will be added for the treatment of verruca using Verrutop®. If you attend a podiatry appointment just for the treatment of verruca, then this charge would not be added to the cost of the appointment.
CRYOSPRAY 59 cryotherapy verruca treatment ~ £20 per treatment
A liquid cryogen for freezing verruca. Cryospray 59 enables us to freeze the tissue to temperatures of -50 degrees C. If your verruca treatment is in addition to a routine podiatry foot health appointment, an additional £20 will be added for the treatment of verruca using the cryospray. If you attend a podiatry appointment just for the treatment of verruca, then this charge would not be added to the cost of the appointment.
CLEARANAIL® fungal nail treatment ~ £300 one toe package/extra toes charged at £25 per toe
Clearanail® is a patented product for treating fungal nail infection (Onychomycosis). Clearanail® is based upon Controlled Micro Penetration (CMP) which makes tiny holes in the nail plate. The holes allow topical treatments to reach the nail bed in much higher concentration levels than otherwise possible. Unlike some other nail drilling treatments that depend on skills of practitioner operating the drill, the CMP process of the Clearanail® unit is controlled by a computer which withdraws the micro drill as soon as change in density of the toenail is detected by the censor, making the process pain-free. The treatment package includes:
- 3 appointments
- up to two Clearanail® treatments
- 2 bottles of topical anti-fungal spray
- 1 bottle of anti-fungal footwear spray
- 1 bottle of antimicrobial spray
- self-care instruction leaflet.
FUNGAL NAIL INFECTION TEST ~ £55
This is a reliable clinical test, statistically 97% accurate in detecting dermatophyte infection. The test is able to detect the presence of the Dermatophyte fungal infection in 5 minutes. According to the British Association of Dermatologists “many nail problems can look like a fungal infection – for example, the changes seen in psoriasis, after a bacterial infection or an old injury”. Therefore, we recommend doing this test to confirm the diagnosis.