What are we doing to protect against Covid-19?
Some people may be nervous or apprehensive about going out.
I want to ensure my patients that the health and safety of my patients are of the utmost importance to me.
Things are going to be a bit different from how they were before.
So I wanted to give people a guide as to what I will be doing at my podiatry chiropody practice to ensure the safety of patients and me too.
- Along with regular cleaning, there is now extra infection control in place before and after each treatment, further minimising the risk of exposure to COVID-19;
- I would ask all patients to follow the advised social distancing guidelines of 2 metres whenever possible;
- The window in the clinical treatment room can remain open, but it may be closed on demand and depending on the weather conditions;
- If you are at all unwell (high temperature, new continuous dry cough, sneezing, fever) or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 please call me on 01954718741 to reschedule your appointment;
- If you are “at-risk” due to age, health conditions or immuno-suppressed please consider whether a paid ONLINE CONSULTATION would be better for you. Please call 01954718741 to discuss if this is right for you, alternatively you can email me at email@example.com
- I am continuing with current clinical hand hygiene processes and cleaning of the treatment chair and all other surfaces between each appointment;
- Treatment room will be thoroughly cleaned after every use as I have always done;
- Please wait in your car until your appointment time, as the waiting area is closed;
- Upon your arrival, I will invite you to wash your hands using the dedicated hand wash basin located in the corridor. If you are using your own gloves then I also have a hand sanitiser available for use;
- I clean common areas and frequently used items such as the card machine multiple times a day, the floor is washed between appointments;
- I do not currently accept cash payments, but you may pay over the phone, by card (contactless or chip & pin), BACS or online;
- Please help me by not bringing any extra people with you (unless you need assistance or whenever a patient is 16 years old or under), practising your own hand hygiene and rescheduling your appointment if you are unwell;
- If you are unsure whether you should attend your scheduled appointment please contact me on 01954718741 and we can discuss your concerns;
- If I was to feel unwell on the day I would get in contact with patients scheduled to be treated that day to reschedule their appointments;
- I will be wearing appropriate masks or PPE in accordance with the government guidelines which have been assessed by my governing body College of Podiatry;
- Lastly, please remember that Podiatrists are considered to be frontline health care workers and are highly trained with regard to the prevention of infection, sterilisation etc and are extremely prepared for the new ways we have to work.
At present, I am very sorry but I can not offer routine appointments, but if you are in pain or at risk of developing an infection or ulceration or are a key worker/essential worker/carer in pain then please either call me on 01954718741 to do triage or this may be done online, please fill in the short form HERE and you will be emailed the online triage form.
I hope to see you all very soon.